- I assume you are talking about digital products and not physical ones. Right? Yes
State the product and what it does
- I love this platform called “Canva” - a graphic design tool. It is a platform which you can use both via the web & app to design.
- The designs can vary from logos, youtube thumbnails to videos.
- The design process is 10x easier and faster. For both amateurs and professionals.
- In a way, they are empowering the world to design and make it accessible to everyone
What problem does it solve?
- Design and publishing were not accessible to everyone. You had to download software, commit a lifetime / yearly payment for it, and learn how to use it.
- With Canva, now anyone can design on the web for free - with an easy learning curve. At the same time, professionals can also use Canva.
Why do you like it - State cases on why it stands out?
- It made a complex process made very simple, and at the same retaining most of the core elements.
- The core elements are free for everyone - leading to virality. Users have to pay for convenience. This enabled them to scale at a lower CAC and monetise the users and businesses well.
- They have 1B+ templates to choose from, powered by their creator community
- They iterate fast and cater to the changing user needs.
Alternatives & Improvements
- Recently many solutions are coming up powered by AI to make the design within a few clicks. It will be interesting to see how Canva utilises AI
- Improvement: They can utilise their editor to create a workspace suite. This can offer an alternative to giants like Google Suites, Microsoft 365 and Notion.